Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Almost There...

The kids are counting down the days! This is the "1980 Herbs Brooks" Arena in Lake Placid, New York. Jordan and Cordero will compete on this rink next week!!! It's the same rink as the 1980 US Olympic Hockey team played when they won against the Soviet Union. Last weekend we watched the movie "Miracle" about the hockey team. It's been a long year for Jordan as she has prepared for this upcoming week...

January: Select music for new programs, work on her Novice and Junior Moves in the Field
February: Break in new skates, finalizes new music
March: Choreography begins, practice for solo in Ice Show, takes USFS tests
April: Skates solo in Ice Show
June: Competes in West Valley, Utah and Colorado Springs, Colorado
July: Competes in Bountiful, Utah and Aston, Pennsylvania
August: Competes on Salt Lake City, Utah and Culver City, California
September: Competes in Park City, Utah
October: Competes in San Jose, California advances to US Junior Championships
November: Prepares for US Junior Championships
December: Competes in Lake Placid, New York
January 09: Starts all over!!!



Today Jordan's new patch for her Junior National jacket arrived...I have been quite domestic the past few days. Not only did I spend the afternoon sewing the patches (all three, since last year I just "glue gun" them on) by HAND, I also made bread! My thumb is now raw because I had to shove the needle through the jacket, patch and old glue. I only broke two needles and have a little bit of blood stains on the sleeve! I also made dinner (casseroles) and they were good...quite proud of myself!!!
Note: Even though Jordan is competing in December 2008, USFS calls all the Regional, Sectional and National competitions using the upcoming year since the season is 2008-2009...That is why the patches are off by one year.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiff...that is what THIMBLES (or sewing machines) are for. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, here's a tip: the best way to get blood out of fabric is to spit on it. No kidding. The enzymes in your spit will dissolve the blood, even if it's dried on. I have punctured my thumb on many a wedding dress, and this works every time. (Don't tell the brides -- the seamstresses' bodily fluids don't exactly count as 'something borrowed'...)

Jason, Tiff and the Kids said...

SPIT and THIMBLES???? This is why I blog!

Drew Natasia said...

Good luck Jordan!!! I know you'll do great!!

The Fossinators said...

Sounds like Jordan has been busy. I wish her the best of luck in Lake Placid!

Unknown said...

Oh wow you must be so proud i really hope that Jordan and Cordero do well

dede said...

good luck to you guys - and enjoy NY - how fun!!