Friday, December 12, 2008

Short Program

I remember in 1994 watching the US Nationals at my Aunt's cabin in Tahoe. It was 14 years ago, a year before Jordan was born. My uncles were dying a slow death having to watch ice skating but enjoyed the "drama" that happened between Nancy Kerrigan and Tanya Harding. Today, Nancy Kerrigan is at US Junior Nationals in Lake Placid and is a commentator for IceNetwork. For the final rounds, all the events can be viewed live on IceNetwork and Nancy Kerrigan is commentating the events. This morning as Jordan was competing, I had a flashback sitting with my Grandmother watching Nancy Kerrigan on TV. I never imagined 14 years later, I would be listening to Nancy make comments about my daughter at her US Junior Championships!

She skated well and landed all her jumps. Her spins didn't receive the levels she wanted but overall we are pleased with her performance. She placed 16th and will compete her long program tomorrow...This week has been incredible watching Jordan dig deep and fight hard to overcome injury and perform the way she has. Tonight Cordero will compete his short program (I love this program!) We have another early morning!!!



Today was a very exhausting day!!!

My Friends!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What would life be like without drugs....

I remember that Olympics, with all the drama, and I just have to wonder what happened to Tanya Harding? I'm glad Nancy Kerrigan went on to make a contribution to the sport, and I hope Jordan will go far following that kind of dedication and positive attitude!