Thursday, December 11, 2008

She Made It!!!

Jordan came in 8th place!!! She moves on to the final rounds. We started off the day with a great night of sleep, delicious breakfast and a good morning practice. At least 25 skaters were on the morning practice. It went well and we returned to the hotel to rest, eat lunch and get ready for the competition. She was very relaxed. Jordan had 21 skaters in her group. She was the 10th skater, scoring 51.19. Many may not know, Jordan has a back injury that she has been battling for many months. The past 8 weeks has been filled with many doctors appointments, massages and therapy to relieve the pain. She almost withdrew but felt she really could get through this. Fortunately, she didn't give up! We had to make changes to her program to help reduce the strain on her lower back. As she skated today, her jumps were high with a little step out of her double flip, double loop. Her spins were shakey but enough to get her through! Watching the last 11 skaters was nerve wracking!!! I never get nervous watching Jordan compete but waiting for the scores of the last 11 skaters made my heart beat faster. However, if she didn't make final round, I would not be disappointed. She skated quite well considering the past few months and I was already pleased with that. She looked beautiful and determined! She practices late this evening and competes her short program tomorrow at 9:00 am. Cordero competes his short program tomorrow at 8:15 pm!

Cordero, Jordan and Mark

A big storm is coming this evening. 12 to 14 inches of snow!!!
I don't care how sick I feel, I just love this weather. Yes, I have been very sick.
Just love my Nyquil, soup and tea.


and this is the STEEP hill we climb everyday at least 2-3 times!
Mom and I are getting better each day. We can now talk to each other while walking!!!

9 comments:

dede said...

Congratulations!!!! Good luck tomorrow! Hope you feel better soon Tiff - I can't imagine walking that hill with a sore throat!

Anonymous said...

I knew it!! My octopus must be lucky after all!!

Congrats, Jordan -- keep up the positive thinking and take care of your back!!

And Tiff, my neighbor informed that a shot of whiskey with a slice of lemon, last thing at night, will knock out everything that ails you. Or maybe it will just knock you out. I really wouldn't know -- I've never tried! Maybe, just try hot cider and lemon and see if that does the same thing!!

Carin Davis said...

Yea!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you Jordan!!!! We are cheering for you back home!!!!

Ginger said...

What a great Skate Jordan! I got to watch you live on Icenetwork.com When I looked at the schedule and saw all the skater's I thought I might miss you but I had the screen up while I was doing shipping and putting crystals on boots and then I heard your name for the warm up. Great job, you looked great, then Phil text'd me and said he saw you too. Phil has your custom folder if you need to be fit for new boots. Have a great skate tomorrow-maybe the HILL is making you stronger and you'll jump higher and spin faster. Phil slipped and fell the first night already. Enjoy the journey Jordan!

Anonymous said...

So fun and exciting!!!! I saw the results last night on icenetwork. The video wasn't up when I checked, but internet connection leaves a lot to be desired at home anyway. Maybe I'll sneak a peak at her, Cordero and Nathan while at work with a faster connection. But shhhh, don't tell. ;0)
I know what you mean about talking and walking. Whew.
Get well! And we will keep watching from here in Wyoming!!!! Good luck!
Laura and Iz!

The Fossinators said...

Congrats to Jordan for making the finals. Tiff - I hope you start feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

wow! thats so cool! good luck Cordero and Jordan. By the way I like the qualifying crab :)

Cristi said...

Jordan is so gorgeous!

Cristi said...

Jordan is so gorgeous!