Thursday, December 4, 2008

Friends...

I have noticed as I have become older, it's such a challenge to find time to spend with friends. Lunch dates sound wonderful, except I have one child on the forever kindergarten schedule. (She attends 1/2 day of school then off to the ice rink.) We all lead crazy, busy lives that encircle many different groups of friends but nothing can compare to finding an evening to spend with a high school friend...and share that evening with our husbands too!!! Jason received a gift for top sales from a telecommunications product. He received a signed basketball from the Utah Jazz and 4 EXPENSIVE, ridiculous priced tickets...




It also included dinner and free parking.

Can you see the price??? $477.00 each, that's just wrong!

Jason and I immediately thought of Carin (Miller) and Danny Davis. All of us enjoy sports and have waited for the past couple years to have dinner together. We gave them 24 hours to cancel their Wednesday night commitments and find a sitter for their three young, darling girls. It almost didn't seem real that we were finally all together. Once we arrived at the Energy Solutions arena, I was expecting a free hot dog as the meal but to my surprise we had a beautiful dining area with a wonderful full course meal and dessert. Much to select and nibble on but the best part was sitting at a quiet table and catching up. I enjoyed the sound of the game starting but all of us preferred our time together eating dinner. Carin and I attended different high schools in California but she became such an important friend my senior year. I just love her and her family. While we were eating dinner and talking, I thought 20 years ago we were probably at some Lyon's restaurant in Petaluma talking about boys, clothes and music...Now we were together with our favorite boys, talking about teenagers, grade school and little girls. I have the teenagers, while she has the toddlers!After dinner, we found our seats...courtside! I was surprised how small the basketball court looked close up. You could hear the players talk and watch their expressions. I thought the players looked like grown up boys playing in a high school gym!!! I hope it doesn't take a few more years for another evening with Danny and Carin...but if it does, I will be waiting and look forward to such an evening.




I just love this man! Thanks for a special evening...
(Carin, I know we took a photo of Danny...let me know if you have it on your camera!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yOU GUYS!!!! That's so awesome!! I so wish I could have been there with you -- instead, I'll just go drown my lonely sorrows in a root beer float and nibble on some cheese fries at our local Denny's (we don't have a Lyons!).