Sunday, December 14, 2008

Getting Ready!





Oh, where to begin...Let's start with the early morning warm up. It was solid, then off to breakfast and then it was time to get ready! She was relaxed, in control and ready to compete. It's exhausting to mentally be prepared for three days of pressure and desire to skate your best. Skaters often have "cranky" moments or "melt downs" during the week of competitions but Jordan was in a completely different state of mind. It was overwhelming to see her so ready for the next event!










Jordan and I before we left for the rink, Saturday morning. The hotel was loaded with beautiful trees, lights and wreaths.
Cordero and I waiting for Jordan's event to start. Cordero competed later on that evening.
The first photo is Cordero and his parents, Jeff and Jo. The other photo is my mom and I.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! thats a lot of stuff to do

Unknown said...

Wow! Cordero looks so much like his mom :)

Lillian said...

What an exciting event for everyone! You all look like you had a great time.

I had to go look up final standings because I couldn't stand waiting any longer. Congratulations to both Cordero and Jordan! You guys are awesome!

Anonymous said...

All this ice skating stuff is so exciting to me! Its been so fun to see the posts. Good luck with it all.