Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Lake Placid

After a 12 hour journey, we finally arrived at Lake Placid and SNOW!!! It is absolutely beautiful... Our first stop was Cincinnati, Ohio to which I almost missed the plane. I thought I had plenty of time to purchase a drink before boarding our little two seater plane. Jordan's coach called me and said, "They are closing the gate...HURRY UP!" Sure enough, Jordan and Cordero were on the plane and I was the last one to board. They were not worried at all, they would have left me there! After arriving in Albany, we loaded up on a shuttle bus for a three hour ride to Lake Placid. We finally arrived at 9:00 pm to the hotel. The Crowne Plaza is gorgeous and it's a winter wonderland. The town is covered with thousands of christmas lights and decorations. Cordero reunited with his parents and Jordan found Grandma! Our room is beautiful and very comfortable. The next morning we woke up to a fresh layer of snow. We walked to the rink that is fairly close but on a steep hill. Going down is easy but coming up is not as fun, especially when it's icy. The facility is huge and the ice arena is terrific. Jordan quickly found her friends throughout the country. She had a great practice and was relaxed and in her element. She loves to travel and she loves to compete!


After her practice, we walked down the main street for a few hours in the perfect winter weather. It's just beautiful!!!While I was waiting in the LONG line for practice ice, Jordan called me and said she was locked in the bathroom at the ice rink. She really was! I could not loose my spot in line and my mom's phone was not working in the building. Fortunately, Jordan called Cordero's mom, Jo for help. Between my mom, Jo, Lisa and the facility management, they found the bathroom she was locked in and got her out. (There are many bathrooms to check!)



Cordero competes his qualifying round on Wednesday and Jordan competes on Thursday...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Practice ice lines?? Bummer. Hope they are appreciating last year's system a little more now. We rarely had a line formed. :)

Good luck to Jordan, Cordero and Nathan. We're watching IceNetwork closely for the next few days.

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome! I can't wait to hear how everything goes for both of them!