Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Qualifying Crab

Among the snowboots, winter jacket and thick sweaters...I also brought the qualifying crab!!! When the kids competed in Colorado at the Broadmoor Open in June, a sweet family purchased this crab to toss out on the ice for our skaters. We noticed that the "Qualifying Crab" was good luck since all the skaters were qualifying to final round when we tossed the crab on the ice.

It worked!!! Cordero competed today and placed 3rd! He now advances to the final round and will be compete with the top 20 Intermediate skaters. The scores start over and he will skate his short on Friday and long on Saturday. We are so proud of him.

Today started VERY early. We woke up at 5:00 am and all of us did not sleep well. I am starting to feel sick (sore throat, ear and body aches). Over night the weather was warm and melted the snow. When Jordan and I left at 6:00 am, it was raining and very wet! Walking down the steep hill was no longer fun but the view of the partially frozen lake was beautiful. Within a few hours the rain turned into snow and it remained snowing the rest of the day! (I loved it!) Of course with snow, comes colder weather...which doesn't feel well when I have a sore throat, nasty cough, and ear ache. I am taking medicine but I fear the walking in bitter cold weather is not helping...After Cordero skated, we went to the very SMALL grocery store for water and they had incredible ice cream that my sore throat was begging for. As we were walking back, I thought eating ice cream in the snowy cold weather, walking up this steep hill must look odd but oh it felt good on my throat.

Jordan competes Thursday and must place in the top 10 to advance to the final round!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm crossing my fingers, toes, and all other possible appendages for you, Jordan!!! (Unless that's bad luck or something.... any other good luck tricks we need to know about? I don't have any stuffed crabs, but we do have a plush octopus!)

Unknown said...

Omg! great job Cordero! I knew he could do it he is and amazing skater. I know Jordan is going to do well! good luck to all of you!

Lillian said...

Awesome job Cordero! That is so exciting!

We have all our crab fingers crossed for Jordan now!