Monday, August 11, 2008

Fantastic Time!!!







We had a fantastic time, spending the weekend with family and friends! Friday night we attended the temple with the McQuoid's. It was wonderful to be back in Oakland. I loved the fog and cool air after leaving the temple doors. The view of the city on the temple grounds is breath taking!!!









After the session, we walked around the temple grounds and took pictures. It was a great time to meet Mary's new in laws! We then ate dinner in Emeryville, where Jason use to work many, many years ago. Jason is with Kathleen on the temple grounds.





I am so lucky to have a great friend like Kathleen. She has been around many of Taylor's broken bones, parties, funerals, Girls Camp, Young Women activities and Women's Conference. We ALWAYS have fun together!!!


The Luau...


Mary and her darling soon to be husband are getting married next week in Idaho. The family chose to have a "Pre Reception Party" in Petaluma. Desmond and Jason spent many hours cooking the pig in the church BBQ pit. It is a fun tradition. During the Luau, we reunited with many of our old friends from Petaluma and members in the San Rafael Stake. It was wonderful to visit!!! I did not take any pictures of the pig...I thought it really smelled!







A terrific moment was spending time with Karen Sullivan Freemantle. She is an old friend from high school. It didn't take long for us to share old stories, giggle and act silly. We have known each other for quite some time and have the best memories of Girls Camp and growing up together! Karen and I had no problems finding trouble in our adventures together...



I just love these ladies!!! The flood of memories and the complete joy and laughter we have shared in the past is a great gift! Each one of them have a special place in my heart. They are truly one of a kind and I am a better person for knowing them!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did see Brandon and Raquel:) My parents were sad they missed it, they had another wedding they had to go to.

Renee said...

Oh, I can't wait to see you this Friday & be filled in on all the "Petaluma Happenings"! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! My mom said she saw you and caught up on all the family happenings. And I haven't seen Karen in forever! I need to go back and visit one of these days and catch up with all these people, too -- I just wish I had thought to do it when you were there, too!

Cristi said...

I love those ladies, too. It was fun to see you!!!

Cori Ann & Donny said...

My mom said you guys had a great time catching up! Wish I could have been there.

Annie said...

I wouldn't have gone if I had known you were there! I didn't know about your blog till just now. Anyhoo, I don't agree with what Mary did a little bit ago, so I've just quietly stayed out of their lives. There's a lot that's not right about Pet 1. And I think it started right after my family moved out of the ward. Well, actually, from the stories I've heard from my sisters, it was happening while they were there. Not good. Anyway . . .