Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Reuniting...

The past few weeks have been comforting as Taylor has increased his time with us. He is living in a better place and making better choices. Of course, I want to scoop him up and keep him home but it will take time for him to decide what is best for him. We have shared wonderful talks and it feels good having him reach out to us. I found out last week he attended sacrament in a ward near his house by himself. I asked him, "What did you wear?" He said, "Don't worry Mom, I still wore my tight jeans (that don't cover his butt) but I tucked in my white t shirt..." I asked, "What made you want to go?" His response, "I just felt like it, maybe next week I can go with you guys." I thought, "OK" and left it at that...

Last night he called and asked to come over, he needed some help with a problem he had. We had a great time together and the plan was for Jason to drive him back to his friends house to sleep over. Jason was ready to take him when he asked if he could stay longer and just hang out. A few hours later, I found him curled up next to Jason sleeping. Jason stayed with him for hours, then left him on the couch for the night.

We have had some tender moments in the Home of King's...

7 comments:

Carli said...

That is such a sweet picture.

Carin Davis said...

warms my heart~

The Fossinators said...

So sweet! I'm glad you had a nice evening with him.

Anonymous said...

What good news :) Your kids have grown up so much. They probably don't like the word cute, but they are so cute:)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful picture! Except, didn't Jason have a beard the last time we saw him?

I'm glad things are looking up with Taylor. We're keeping our fingers crossed and our knees bent for you!

The Ormsbys down under said...

My heart has ached so much for you these past few months as you've shared your pain with us. I'm so happy that he is making his way back,(baby steps). Taylor is blessed to have such great parents, and sounds like he's starting to realise it.

Rachel said...

That's a sweet post. There is always room for hope, it seems. :)