Sunday, May 25, 2008

Our STRIPLING WARRIOR

Oh, Tanner...never a dull moment with him!

The weekend has been filled with major changes and challenges. Taylor decided it was best to live somewhere else and we are facing "tough love". He knows we love him. During Sunday School and dinner we studied the story of Alma the Younger, perhaps Taylor will be struck dumb and find his way back to our family. After dinner, we moved Tanner downstairs and went through many things we had in storage. Tanner found my props I used for youth conferences when I spoke. He, of course, went into character starring as a stripling warrior. I had fun narrating the story. Hopefully he can earn some extra credit in seminary!!!

6 comments:

Misty said...

I hope things are ok! My parents are heading up to Bear Lake this week. They are with Richard in Henderson, NV. Wishing you the best.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember being a difficult teenager (however, everyone who knew me then would say I was). I could have used some serious tough love. I feel for you because our oldest children are the same age. Laura reminds me regularly that she knows best how to live her life. Sometimes I think some time away from home would remind her of how good she has it. My prayers are with you. Love ya!

Cristi said...

Yes, that certainly deserves extra credit!

Anonymous said...

Cool costume! Seems like we've got something like that around here somewhere, except it's made of cardboard and covered with tin-foil.

Keep your chin up and we'll keep you in our prayers. I hope all goes will with your son. Sometimes it's hard to be a kid, but more often it's harder to be the parent.

dede said...

I am sorry to hear about Taylor - I am not looking forward to those times - wish they could just stay little! Our prayers are with all of you!

Carin said...

taylor is a great kid...with a wonderful family...
i hope he finds his way home soon!

tanner is always one to bring a smile!!!!a