Sunday, May 4, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!!

The first week of May is always busy for Jason! He is slammed with my birthday on the 1st, our anniversary on the 4th and then Mother's Day...



Today we celebrate 18 YEARS!!!



I am very lucky to have Jason. He is so funny and works so hard at anything he sets his mind to do. When we were dating we had to deal with his mother dying, but so grateful we had the opportunity to tell her we decided to get married. I remember the first time I realized I was in love and wanted to marry Jason. We had been dating (if you call that) for a month, actually we disagreed and argued more than date! I was at his house and his mom was getting sick. I watched how gentle and tender he was towards her. As the months passed, I couldn't stop watching how much he cared about her and how well he eased her pain and never left her side. She died a few months before we were married. Jason's mom gave me a great gift I will never take for granted. She allowed me to spend her last 5 months getting to know all about her life. She shared wonderful stories and cared so much for her Jason! I was there the night she passed away. It was my first real understanding moment of literally feeling her spirit return to our Father in Heaven. It was a beautiful, remarkable moment in my life.

My parents had concerns (to put it mildly) of getting married and now that 18 years have passed everyone is happy I married Jason. He has definitely become another son to my Mom and Dad. I will never forget seeing my Dad's reaction when I told him we were getting married...It was the first time I saw a "white" Mexican.





Jason and I have so much fun together. We are getting closer to the time when it's just "us" at the house. (We started to experience this a few nights during the week, now that the kids are teenagers!)...and we love it! Jason is ALWAYS supporting me, much more than I do for him...Yeap, I am lucky and look forward to many, many more decades of marriage!!!


Life is just going by too fast!!!

6 comments:

The Ormsbys down under said...

Happy Anniversary you guys!

Cristi said...

Happy Anniversary you love birds!

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy day! Here's to an empty nest in less than ten years! Wait, no, that means we're getting old -- Oh, no! Still, isn't it great growing old with your best friend? Which you two obviously are... Congratulations!

The Coburn's said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday!!!
I always think of you, because my mom's birthday is the same day. She even will claim the same age. Ha, Ha, Ha. She said once we hit 29 she couldn't claim that anymore.

I just watched your dancing with the family video on your blog. Good Stuff!!! I can never catch anyone on video. they stop dancing when its on, but when its off, watch out. Good times.

Renee said...

Happy Anniversary, you two! I totally remember hanging out with you when you were my VTer! I love the blogging world to find out how everyone is doing! :)

I can't believe how grown up your kids are!? Weren't the boys just playing t-ball?

Rebecca said...

Frist Happy Anniversary to you both. I just wanted to say that I'm really happy to have you both as my Aunt and Uncle. May the future, for you both bring more and more happy years and memories together.