Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I have been very blessed to be surrounded by some amazing women...




Many of you remember our amazing youth leaders. This photo was taken of my senior year in high school. It's me, Shelly Burdett, Kathy Olson and Becky Roner. I had many other leaders that I am grateful for, but Kathy Olson knew me the longest. She babysat me when I was just a few months old. She is probably my greatest influence in falling in love with a red head! She is someone very dear to me...


My Grandma and I were very close. When I was attending Santa Rosa Junior College, I often stayed at her house. We would stay up late and she would tell me stories about Grandpa and when my Mom and Dad met. She was also very close to my Dad. I miss her but believe her reunion with my Dad was spectacular and filled with much laughter. I can still remember her laugh.







I am very fortunate to have Missy live so close. She is more than an Aunt to my children. They adore her!!! There is something special between sisters and I am lucky to have her!








My mom is the strongest, talented and amazing woman I really know. Kathy Olson often tells me how she was the most prepared mother. She always had my diaper bag with EVERYTHING possible and always kept to her word. I have many memories of her helping our Girl Scout troop. She was the cookie coordinator and zillions of cookie boxes to distribute. Unfortunately, we had a huge flood and Mom was rescuing all the cookies. She also made my book reports look the best. I still have one of them on Panda's from 3rd grade. Mom was also dynamic with speeches and helped me with a few powerful talks. Christmas Parties and our numerous Disneyland trips are unforgettable. However, I have two memories that still have an impact in my life. When I was in high school, Mom was finishing up her schooling. She was juggling a full load, work and trying to make it financially. I remember waking up around 3:00 in the morning and she was up listening to Anne Murray and studying. I was invited to go to Disneyland with my cheerleading team, money was tight and I found her one evening rolling pennies so I could have just a few more dollars. For some reason, that memory still makes me cry. It taught me how important I was to her and that she was determined to make anything possible. My other favorite memory was in the delivery room. I saw her cry when each one of my children were born. She is so proud of them. I must admit the most powerful example of her strength was getting us through my Dad's death. She was gentle, patient, considerate, loving and supportive of our feelings, heartache and confusion. She is brave, more brave than I can ever imagine as she begins a new chapter in her life. She has also turned into the bionic woman with all the changes she is making to her house.

(I have encouraged her to start a blog...she is just too funny to share with email only!)

Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Carin Davis said...

What a beautiful tribute to all of these amazing women! Your pictures bring back so many memories for me:
the leaders, your grandma and your mom!

Thanks for sharing!
Happy Mother's Day!!

Lish Harris said...

Tiff,

Wow! When I see pictures of the kids I feel old. They are all so grown up! I am glad you found us on here. I need to figure out how to work this whole blog thing so I can add your guys link to our page and check up on you all more often. The whole family is doing well. Mags is in DC working as a marriage and family therapist. She is dating a guy pretty seriously, so who knows what will happen there. My Mom and Scott are still up to their no good in Utah. Hope all is well.

The Coburn's said...

That's great that you have those pictures of our leaders back then. It's so fun to look back on them now. Those women were so much fun.