Monday, May 5, 2008

And this is why I blog...

My Dad had many brothers and sisters. A few moved to the United States and when I was a little girl I remember visiting those that lived in Mexico. My Dad tried his best to keep me posted about my cousins. I never saw photos, except a couple baby pictures. I also know the day he passed away he had a chance to speak with a few of his brothers and sisters. Last week, I received a comment on a posting from my cousin in Mexico. I had no idea he was reading our family blog. I responded back and this evening I learned a little bit more about my cousin, Arqueles...Taylor couldn't believe he teaches photography and media technology at the Universidad del Valle de México at Reynosa. It has been so much fun to blog and reunite with not only family but old friends across the world, to the amazing group of Young Women I taught in Petaluma and those I grew up with in San Rafael Stake. Happy Blogging!
First Photo: Arqueles with his wife and daughter
Second Photo: Arqueles with his mother, Aunt Nora (my Dad's sister)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an appropriate post for Cinco de Mayo! Another happy day! I love techno-family reunions. One of my cousins that I didn't know I had also found me via blogging, and turns out she lives so far away -- in Portland!

Lillian said...

That is fabulous! I rediscovered a Angelovic family member - in Slovakia! - on Facebook and look forward to sharing family history information with her. The internet really is a great place to make connections we'd probably never have any other way.