Saturday, May 31, 2008

All is Well

A few days after Taylor was born, the doctors found fractures in his hips. I remember trying to be so careful with him. Our friends, Andy and Cindy Pickett, came over in the late hours and gave him a blessing. He was sleeping peacefully when Andy and Jason gave him the blessing. I felt pain in my heart wondering what the future would hold for Taylor. Seven years later, I vividly remember listening to him scream at the Petaluma Valley Hospital as they were resetting his femur. He received another blessing, I remember a few words they said, "...the recovery would not be easy, but all is well." Again, my heart was aching because I didn't want him to suffer. Once he finally learned to run again with a "few" other fractures in between his course of healing, I knew all would be well. I also recall his 1st asthma attack in Antioch, California. Jason and I didn't realize he was having an asthma attack and watching him struggle for air was frightening. He stayed in the hospital for 7 days. Again, it was painful to feel so helpless and wanting to take away his burden. However, nothing has prepared me for watching him leave our home. I hope he realizes what he is leaving behind...I also hope my Dad is kicking him in his butt!!!
Hopefully, he misses us just as much as we miss him!

6 comments:

Misty said...

I wish I could give you a huge hug right now...

Anonymous said...

Tiff, I ache for you...what did Joseph Smith say? "Train up a child in the way he should go...and when he is old he will not depart from it"? Or something like that...don't give up hope!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tiffany. This is Laura from Wyoming. You know, your stalker? We (officially) met this past weekend at the rink.
I realized it had been a while since I stopped by, so I thought I'd leave you a little note and saw your post about your oldest.
If anyone has ever told you it is easy when they move on, they lied to you.....or they do not have the same feelings that apparently you and I share about our children. Most days, I am okay, but there are days when I really hate how the dynamics of our family have changed. And I am about to face it again next year as my oldest daughter will be a senior....that is, if she makes it through school! But either way, it will be life changing. I am so thankful to have a few more years with Iz.
I hope that the adjustment becomes a little easier for you as time goes on.
And I want to tell you, though I have read about Jordan and watched her skate at competitions and the prior times at your rink, I was very impressed with her this weekend. She seems like such a caring and wonderful young lady. I loved that she was willing to talk about Iz and be supportive of her, even though she's a low-level skater. It made me feel really good. You're truly are doing something right, mom!!!!
I look forward to seeing and speaking with you and Jordan again sometime soon, hopefully.

Cristi said...

I remember seeing Taylor in his little casts and feeling so bad! And I hope everything works out for the best! Love you!

The Coburn's said...

Tiff, I'm having problems with my girls just letting their wings spread...I can't imagine how I will be when that time comes when they leave the coop.
By the sounds of your family, he will be back for more of the fun loving family.

Carin Davis said...

[[hugs]] from me too....
my heart aches for all of you too-

love you guys!