Friday, December 21, 2007

Making a Difference

I was tagged with the following questions:

1. In your opinion, what does it mean to make a difference?
A person who is honest, sincere and compassionate makes a difference for me. You can see their character in their eyes and it's something you can feel and someone you always want to be around. Money, of course can make a difference but not everyone has it but meeting someone that shows compassion and is sincere and tries to be honest can really make a difference to their family, friends and strangers.

2. What is an example of a unique way to make a difference?
SMILE - We all face different challenges and trials that can weigh us down but what a difference a smile makes. Someone told me once you take care of yourself, you can then take care of others. Not that you put yourself first every minute but instead strengthen your values and your beliefs...you become a better person and in return you have the strength and desire to strengthen others.

3. Who has made a difference in YOUR life this week?
Where to begin??? I never realized the difference my Dad made until I went to his work and his funeral. It was overwhelming witnessing how many lives he touched. Now that he is not here, everyday I realize what a difference he made to me. Of course, Mom...she is constantly showing me her strength, determination and love getting us through the past few months. She is always an anchor for me. We arrived in California Friday morning and came home to the Christmas tree with all it's light and decorations. It really made a difference for me yet I know it was hard to do without Dad and my mom returning back to work. Eating dinner together - this past week all the kids helped to have dinner together then spend the evening at the Zoo. That made me smile! I also spent last weekend with two of my old young women leaders (Kathy and Gail). They made a difference in my life!

4. If I didn’t have a blog, would you still be making a difference.
I don't know if my blog makes a difference for others??? It gives me an opportunity to organize my photos and capture moments to share with family and friends. I enjoy letting my kids read about how much I care for them. It also provided a way to communicate and show information and photos of my Dad with others who couldn't make it but yet can still feel connected.

5. What is your favorite thing about the internet?
The information and finding ways to reconnect with friends throughout the country...however, I have also seen it used for wrong resources and destroy families, making life challenging for others. Sometimes I spend too much time on the internet and less time communicating with my family.

No comments: