Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Go to the Zoo for Christmas Spirit...


Oh, we had a great evening spending it at the zoo. We live down the street from the zoo (literally) and this year they added a new attraction called Zoo Lights. After my adventure of lights in St. George, I thought it couldn't be any worse! We had a blast...the most incredible neon lights that covered nearly every tree. Snow was on the ground and most of the animals were sleeping but I am sure they enjoyed the Christmas music playing throughout the zoo. We purchased these terrific glasses that make all the lights into snowmen. I saved them to share with Mom when we see her on Friday. It was a perfect start to get into the Christmas mood. It was the first time I started to feel "cheery" about Christmas. Tanner was in a bad mood because we received his midterm report card...he has a lot of explaining to do! I am confident he will fix his situation but it at least explains his sour look in some of the photos. It reminded me when we took him to the closing ceremonies of the 2002 Paralympics in SLC. He did not like the loud sounds or all the lights. He was moody the whole evening. Dad wasn't far from our thoughts, he would have loved this and I knew he was near when I started to hear "Feliz Navidad" playing in the background!







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They do this same thing at our Botanical Gardens at X-mas time. It is so spectacular! Have a great Christmas and lots of love to the family.
karli

Anonymous said...

They do this same thing at our Botanical Gardens at X-mas time. It is so spectacular! Have a great Christmas and lots of love to the family.
karli

Tracey said...

Tiff,
That looks like a lot of fun. I'm digging the crazy glasses. LOL We love going to that zoo. Now that I know you live close to it I'll have to call next time we're up that way.