Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Dining Room Table


First Photo: Chair Unfinished
Second Photo: Chair with first coat of Brick Red Paint

During the summer our dining room turned into the office, while Taylor used the office as a bedroom. We recently moved Taylor back in the basement, it's a nice huge room and I regained my office and dining room back. It was my sister that missed eating around the table the most and the rest of the family agreed, we love gathering around and eating a meal together. However, we were down to three chairs and often used the foot stool and patio chairs for all of us to eat around the table. Missy had a smashing idea to purchase a chair for everyone to decorate. Of course, the ideas went wild and I had my fake smile with visions of how each chair would look. Tanner wanted a Lazy Boy and Taylor suggested a camping chair! We settled to have the same style chair but each family member would decorate it differently. (Still a little worried.) Mom loved the idea and wanted to buy the chairs as a Christmas gift for our family. PERFECT!!! While she was in Utah during Jr. Nationals we searched various stores but didn't find anything we liked. After she left, I searched the internet and found a local wood store called "Four Chairs" in Orem. During that same week, Missy had business in Orem and found the same store. Jason, Missy and I drove out on Saturday and fell in love with this store. It has great prices, incredible quality and terrific ideas. We found the chair we liked and Mom purchased 6 chairs. THANK YOU MOM. As we roamed the store, we noticed colors that we loved and now wanted all the chairs to match and have everyone decorate just the back of the chair. I had a blast sanding, painting, making marks and staining the chairs. Jason helped and we were so proud of the results. (We still need to apply three coats of clear Top Coat.) BUT NOW, we are stuck...do I let the kids still decorate the back? What if it looks tacky? We thought maybe we decopage photos on the back of each family member. We also thought just having their name and favorite saying on the back of the chair. We are stuck and don't know what to do! Give us any ideas...


First Photo: Chair with black stain and finished except for Clear Top Coat
Second Photo: The bare area is left for each person to decorate.
This final photo is the dinner I prepared last week. Missy wanted me to share it with others. Don't worry no one ate it but you have an idea how I try and how much I miss my Dad and his cooking!!! It was suppose to be Chicken Enchiladas...

Well, there is more to this story of the Chicken Enchiladas. My mom did take a bite and told me it was really hot, as I told her what I used she clearly pointed out I misread the receipe. I thought Green Chile's were the same as Jalapeno's...the small jar looked the same. So I had added a whole jar of hot Jalapeno's instead of Green Chile's. That's why no one ate my casserole.

5 comments:

Racheal said...

Hi Tiffany, So glad you found me! Your family is just beautiful! I can't belive how grown up they are, I remember babysitting them.It's always fun to see people that I haven't seen in awhile, glad to see everyone is doing well!
Take care,
Racheal
XOXO

Misty said...

Ok, I have a great idea. How about using vinyl to put their name or a saying. Looks great and they will still look the same. Check out thevinylsay.com or my blog. Enchiladas, yummy. Can I have the recipe? Snow, nothing here yet. We have 8 inches on Mt. Lemmon! Yes, we do get snow here in Tucson.

Anonymous said...

Is this your Dad's recepie or you G-Ma's recipie?? If it was your G-ma's recipie.. I renamed it 'White girl enchilada's".. All the ingrediants are white except for the 'can of diced green chilies'! Lol
(There's no spell check here, so don't bug me..Lol)
~Kim aka camera wench

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like the vinyl idea -- it can look fun and classy at the same time!

Lillian said...

OK I'm really curious to find out what you've decided about the chairs. I must say that I love the idea of putting a saying on them, and the vinyl words would make that even cooler!

P.S. You've been tagged! Details here.