Thursday, January 1, 2009

What did you do for New Years Eve???



On December 31st, Tanner went skiing but spent most of the time waiting for a bus. After a few hours, he called for me to pick him up and he ran a few errands with me. I know he loved this time with his mother!!! He stayed busy calling friends and texting girls to make plans for New Years Eve. The last thing he wanted was to spend it at home with Jason and I! His plans were changing by the minute but eventually he was off with his friends...
After spending some time with Taylor, which I didn't ask what he was doing and I am afraid to find out what he was doing...actually, I asked and he was "hanging" out with friends, it might be better not knowing what he was doing but happy to spend an hour with him! As for Jordan, she skated and then had plans to have friends over but nothing worked out. Once I came home from driving Tanner to his adventures, Jordan and her sweet friend, De were off to her house. Jason called and said he was coming home. Just Jason and I!!! We went out to dinner and he rented a new game...Once we were home, I thought...this is how it is, just Jason and I. Good thing I love that man!!! During this time, Tanner continued to contact us, negotiating how late he can stay out and settled for 12:45 am. I was quite pleased finishing up some loose ends, Jason playing PS3, Jordan and Tanner were safe and Taylor at least knew I loved him!
However, with in the next few hours, Jordan was home and Tanner called asking if we could pick him up at 11:00 pm! What, they chose us!!! Our wonderful children wanted to spend the New Year with US!!! Absolutely not, but their plans changed and Tanner, Jordan, Jason and I counted down the seconds to a hopeful, joyful, exciting New Year!!!Oh, looks like we are having a wonderful family moment...This is after I told Jordan to get Tanner for the count down. Tanner came in our room yelling at Jordan, Jordan barked back, Jason rolled his eyes and I gave the motherly lecture! Ahhhhh, welcome 2009!!! Still happy to spend it with my favorite people!

5 comments:

Carin Davis said...

EVERYONE (including Danny and I) were asleep! Sad, I know! Happy New Year friend!!!

Carin Davis said...

p.s. Are you excited for the bowl game!?

dede said...

Happy New Year - I figure I have at least 5 more years until some of the kids get a choice to hang out with someone other than me (and until then, I will pretend they wouldn't want to be anywhere else!)!

The Ormsbys down under said...

Happy New Years King family!! One of the things I love about our New Years Eve is that we have no family traditions...that means it's different every year. Makes for interesting times (often unplanned and unknown until the last minute, just like yours). Christmas is so full of traditions,which I love, but it's nice to "freestyle" New Years!

Reid and Christine Family said...

I fell asleep at 10 pm. Kids were in bed by 8pm. Good times.