Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I Love Tanner...


This bundle of joy has grown up to be a great young man. The past few weeks I have enjoyed our disagreements, laughter, sincere conversations and love we have shared. He was ordained a Priest a few weeks ago. His blessing was comforting and the message was on service. Tanner and I had a few moments of "heated" disagreements and I was moved to tears with his gentle reaction and how he chose to resolve it. I LOVE watching him grow up!

A few of my favorite memories...

1-When Taylor was 4, he would collect snails and watch them race.(Hours of entertainment!) He would name them and take great care of his family of snails. One afternoon, Taylor had just finished lining up his snails and Tanner (he was 2) ran over and stepped on every snail!!!

2-When I gave birth to Tanner...it was the most pain I have ever felt. Wasn't one of my favorite memories but I clearly remember when they handed him to me and he looked so unhappy.

3-Tanner rarely slept, a favorite time was when he would finally crash from exhaustion on the floor around 2:00 am and I would sneak in, wouldn't dare move him, but would lay next to him just to feel close to him.

4-Parent Teacher Conferences...favorite time for me, as every teacher always has something odd to say about him. "How do you keep up with him?" or "He is an old, grumpy soul in a youthful body!"

5-Kindergarten...he would only wear blue jeans, Hane's white t-shirt and black penny loafers without the penny. We still have one black shoe in his room.

Finally, (some of you may not find this appropriate but it still make me smile)...Tanner was preparing sacrament and he made smiley faces on the bread, so when the Priests were ready to break the bread, they were reminded to smile. I noticed the Priests had a funny grin and asked Tanner, "What did you do now?" He responded, "I reminded them they needed to smile!"

4 comments:

dede said...

love your memories - especially #4 - I hope one day, while looking back, that part of Parent Teacher Conf. will make me smile!!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant. What a great tribute! I wish we had enough young men in our ward to pass the sacrament -- somehow, I doubt the Elders and High Priests that do it would appreciate little smiley faces!

Carin Davis said...

What a great kid!!!! You're perfect for each other!!!!

Cristi said...

I have similar experiences with Emma like people asking how I keep up and her not wanting to sleep! Being a mom is so fun!