Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sea of Humanity

I enjoyed being a part of history. I watched President Obama inaugural address from my bedroom and loved learning the interesting facts from past Presidents.
The sea of humanity was touching.
I did not vote for him but I am encouraged and have hope.

A few things I don't understand...

Seriously, was the hat necessary!

I recalled one of my last conversations with Dad was about President Obama. I don't know who he would have voted for, but I have full confidence he would have enjoyed this day.
However, not Aretha's Hat!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she was concealing a teleprompter. Either that, or a small satellite dish.

Seriously, I loved the hat! I think it would look very well in a play I'm costuming right now -- as a flower pot!

Anonymous said...

That hat is seriously funny. I watched his speech, but missed that hat.

Unknown said...

what a fantastic speech!

The Coburn's said...

I didn't want that big of a bow on my wedding dress...and she put it on her head. Out here in Virginia we see alot of the funky hat and colors for ladies going to church. All of them older black ladies. It's a competition or something.

Jillybean said...

I'm wondering if someone were to wear a hat like that while skating, if the bow would act as helicopter blades and give extra lift to their jumps

Something to think about ;0)

Rachel said...

Totally agree about the hat. That was hilarious!

Drew Natasia said...

I watched the speech and the oath, but I must have missed the part where she had the hat.