Friday, November 9, 2007

The Eagle has Gone Home...










Taylor had his board of review for his Eagle. I proudly sewed, well pressed on his badges-only to find out I put them on the wrong side of the sash! Taylor studied and memorized the Scout Oath and Promise, while we drilled him with potential questions. Taylor and my Dad share a long time saying about the Eagle. Christmas gifts are usually given with some sort of Eagle theme. Taylor couldn't wait for his Court of Honor so Grandpa could be there...to tell him the Eagle has landed! After Taylor's board of review and his official words of Congratulations, he called Grandpa. I heard he made the Eagle call and left the great news on his cell phone. However, during that same time, it was my Dad who returned home. We are leaving tomorrow morning to be with my brother and Mom. My mom said he had a very peaceful look on his face. Oh, Pape...words can not express what I am feeling right now.


The next few months will not be easy as we adjust but we sure have wonderful memories.
Meanwhile, I just finished sending my friend an email about what a terrific day I had. I called my mom to tell her the adventures of her grandchildren when she told me about Pape. This evening Tanner had opening night for his school play, "High School Musical". He was awesome. My jaw was on the floor watching him sing and dance. It was a terrific play and the cast was amazing. I was so impressed. I hope Tanner continues in Theatre. It was such a privilege to watch him shine. Instead of flowers, I bought him his favorite coconut shrimp!!! He will finish out the play through Tuesday, that's what Grandpa would want and meet us in California the middle of this week.



Tanner photo was taken after his first performance. He is so tired. Three news stations did morning specials starting at 5:45 am every day. I am so proud of you Tan Man...and now Grandpa will be with you every performance! Jordan and I had a great time watching you this evening. Jordan also had a terrific day of skating and clean programs! She is working so hard and will now need to show a lot of courage and strength with the challenges we will all face. She knew Grandpa would not want her to stop training, so she will join us later this week.


So to my sweet Dad, what happens now is so unclear and we are all in shock. I wish I had one more phone call, he was my walking buddy. While I walked at the rink, we would talk on the phone. Unfortunately, I didn't call him today...but Jason and Missy talked with him. I love you Pape...please be near us!



2 comments:

Carin said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It sounds like your kids are all making him proud in their own ways...

He has left such a legacy of love-

Anonymous said...

I wish I could give you a hug right now. So, sorry for your loss.
He loved you all so and nothing meant more than family, as you have proven with your own.. He leaves you to carry on what he taught you.
Tiffany, you are blessed.
Nancy