Sunday, May 23, 2010

Uncle Harold

It was finally his time. After a wonderful life filled with love, his beautiful wife and his horses, Uncle Harold left us this morning but received a huge welcoming on the other side. I must admit, a part of me is a little jealous that he is being greeted by my Dad and Grandma. Whenever family was in town, we made a trip to visit Uncle Harold and Aunt Jean. (Uncle Harold was my mom's uncle.) Fantastic memories at his home, riding his horses and moving his hay. Uncle Harold was very fond of Jason. The past few years, he would often forget our names but never Jason's. He always wanted to know where he was. He lived a great life and he will be missed. I often wonder what it is like your first day of Heaven. Seriously overwhelming. The reunion with loved ones must be so glorious and the feeling of love must be beyond our comprehension. I still have much to do here on Earth and plan to spend many more decades watching my children grow up but I do not fear when it's my time. I expect a huge party waiting for me on the other side!

No comments: