Saturday, March 27, 2010

and this is why I LOVE my JOB!

I have been VERY busy at work. Besides the figure skating, I organize the youth sports for the county and the field house (U of U football training facility). It's been quite the adventure learning the new programs, countless emails and dealing with parents...but it was all worth it to cross paths with Brother and Sister Nelson on our first day of soccer! They were attending their grandson's game. Sister Nelson was my first Beehive Advisor. When I was 12, she kidnapped me for breakfast and we walked across the Golden Gate Bridge. It was my first real exposure to the youth program of the LDS religion. I have such fond memories of Girls Camp, youth nights, basketball and much more! It's been over 20 years since we last saw each other. I just love this lady!
Leslie is one of the Nelson's daughters. I had no idea her darling family relocated to Utah. It was a great surprise to reconnect with the soccer program I was involved in. We grew up in Novato, CA. Her brother and I were great friends throughout our youth years!

1 comment:

Briana said...

You're so lucky to have seen the Nelson's!!!!