Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hill Cumorah

Last stop was Hill Cumorah...We entered the Visitors Center and met the sister missionaries. After a short movie, we walked to the monument. This is the location Moroni (AD 421), buried the golden plates which recorded the history of his people. In 1827 Moroni returned to this hill as an angel and delivered the plates to Joseph Smith, who translated and published them as the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ.As we were walking up the hill, Bob told me joining the church would be like joining another skating club! I told the church is much easier...At this point, Bob had his fill of missionaries and movies...he needed a drink (and not a decaffeinated drink).

1 comment:

Misty said...

How fun to see those pictues. We were able to see those places when I was really young. I would LOVE to take my kids...one day..Great to have you back