Friday, February 6, 2009

Taylor is 18!!!

It's here...finally here. Taylor is 18 years old. When I found out I was pregnant, I started a journal for him. Jason and I often wrote when he was young and unfortunately, we were not as consistent as he grew older. We added photos and shared our hopes and dreams for him in his journal. I described his birth, blessings and how I dealt with his broken bones. Jason also wrote very tender feelings about having a son. A few months ago, we gave him the journal to read. He finally read it this past week and I believe it touched him in an unexpected way. Jason and I never wrote about how many piercings in his nose he will have or how large his gauges will be. We never wrote about the hell he would put us through...instead the journal was filled with love and our anticipation of what he would become. He is now considered an adult...strange because he is still that little boy. I pray that this will be a year of positive changes for him!

Happy Birthday Taylor!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is amazingly sweet. What a wonderful idea you had, 18 years ago, and what a stroke of genius giving it to him to read NOW when he needs it most! Happy Day, Taylor!

Cristi said...

i remember that little boy! time flies!

Racheal said...

wow...really! I remember babysitting him!Happy birthday!