Thursday, February 19, 2009

First Day in Hawaii

It was an incredible, romantic week in Hawaii. We were on the Big Island and stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa Village. Jason and I left in the wee hours, after shoveling a few inches of snow. Our plane had to be de-iced as we left Salt Lake City. We arrived at the Kona Airport. The airport was outdoors, with birds and flowers everywhere. It was a different experience walking off the plane onto the ground and feeling the sun. Our room was fantastic, overlooking the golf course and ocean. This view is from our balcony. The hotel has three main towers and you either ride the tram or boat to your hotel room.

Here we are taking the boat around the resort. So much to see!

This is the view outside our room. It's the adult pool. One of many, many pools on this resort. We spent the rest of the evening visiting a market called "Queen's Market" and purchased snacks for the room. We ate at a local restaurant and I had shrimp with my pasta. It wasn't bad but I couldn't finish all the shrimp. I am not a sea food eater but I was willing to try different types of seafood. However, I was no longer going to make it my main meal. Other's would have to share a piece for me to try!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aloha, Tiff! I'm catching up on a few days here, and I'm totally JEALOUS!!! Looks like you're having a blast, and I hope the sun wasn't too much of a culture shock!!