Thursday, February 19, 2009

Next Few Days in Hawaii

Our first morning, we attended a class with a free continental breakfast to learn more about the Island and resort. I was glad we attended and received great information! After the class, Jason and I walked around the resort.This lagoon area is from the ocean. You can snorkel, kayak and rent many other toys to play in the water. It's a beautiful beach front. It's loaded with turtles and tropical fish along with eel! As you walk around you can see them.Here we are behind the waterfall. After our walk, Jason played a round of golf with his boss while I was waiting for this moment... Forget seafood...this is all I wanted! The "virgin" Lava drink, Hawaiian Tropic and sunglasses. I could not get enough of the sun. My body thirst for it! As I soaked the rays for HOURS, I didn't think once about teenagers, snow or ice rink. I just listened to the waves from the ocean and thought about how much I loved Jason. (I know sappy, but it's true!!!)That evening we had a wonderful dinner with John and his wife Lisa and their three year old...I know what you are thinking..."they brought their three year old!" He was actually a very good, cute kid who returned to his mommy's room and not mine!!!For dinner, I had a yummy steak and tried all types of fresh fish. If your enjoyed deep fried rubberbands, you may enjoy some of the meals. Still didn't care for the fish. The best was my garlic potatoes that were quite heavenly!!! After my third "virgin" Lava drink, I was done for the night.


We also spent a couple hours at the beach. The ocean water was so warm and fun to go body surfing. I didn't take any photos but witnessed an elderly lady that looked like a life size Slim Jim beef jerky. It was horrific to view. I regret not taking a photo and almost went back to take one! I don't think I can ever eat a Slim Jim again!!!

Each night was filled with delicious meals. I continued to try different fish but one bite was enough for me. By the third day, my skin was taking on some color. My dad would be proud to see me brown again!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh! I KNOW THE SLIM JIM LADY! hahaha. She was on Oahu in 2006....or maybe that was her sister! ;0)

Laura from Wyoming