Sunday, October 19, 2008

Family Trip to Jackson Hole!

While Jason was announcing at the Northwest Pacific Regionals and Cordero was competing, Tanner, Jordan and I decided to tag along. We had a terrific time and the weather was perfect!

Tanner first arrived with Jason on Monday. He was quick to claim the cute loft upstairs with his own TV. When I went to check on him, he was surrounded by junk food and watching Aladdin on the Disney Channel. Still young at heart....in fact, since he decided not take his medication for ADD he was bouncing off the walls!!! Fortunately, he loved walking around the town and once he was tired of figure skating he would walk back to the hotel or explore!!!



I then caught Jordan downstairs watching the same show on Disney! She too enjoyed the break and this time attending a competition as a spectator. She still worked out everyday and wanted to skate. She met many new friends and enjoyed meeting Cordero's friends from Alaska.



Tanner and I had a chance to spend some time together. As we went shopping he found some friends that he couldn't resist to touch, even though the sign said "Please Don't Touch". He had to see everything and ran from store to store. I had a great time with him!!!

Jason was busy every day! We were able to sneak a breakfast with him one morning!

Tanner and Jordan did a very good job fighting with each other...this photo was taken after I politely yelled at them!

This is Tanner after watching a few hours of figure skating...

This is Tanner when I told him we still had to watch a couple more hours...

This is Tanner when I told him, if he held still and calmed down, I would buy him a new pair of ski pants...sorry folks, bribery worked!

Ahhhh, the last night of competition! I drove home with Tanner and Cordero...they are wonderful singers and I spent 5 hours listening to them sing and ask "Cha Cha" text questions.

Now, the best news is Cordero placed first in short, long and overall, receiving his highest points all season. He now advances to US Junior Championships in Lake Placid, New York. I will post photos when I receive them from his mom. Our family enjoyed spending time with Cordero and his parents...

I can't believe it, next month we will not be traveling! It will be our first month staying home since March!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Way to go, Cordero!

I feel like he's your third son or something. That's pretty awesome of you to take him in under your wing.

And if you're actually going to be staying put next month, maybe we should make our family trip to Utah now! (Don't I wish -- we wouldn't last one day in the snow!) Someday...

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you there. I didn't have any idea until today when I was looking at the program (instead of work, whoops) that Jason was announcing!
But Cordero was so amazing and fun to watch. I think Iz is a bit smitten with him. She was very excited to watch him skate! If for some reason we don't see you or I don't have occasion to write before Jr. Nationals, GOOD LUCK to both Jordan and Cordero!
Laura from Wyoming

Cristi said...

Love the pic of Tanner after watching skating!

Lillian said...

Wow! No travel next month! I hope this means you get to relax and enjoy your vacation at home. :)

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you guys remember me!
I am so amazed at how much has changed with you guys. I was watching figure skating on channel five today and I started thinking about skating and how it used to be. I remembered that jordan had a website so I went and checked it out- secretly in the hopes of some way getting in contact with you guys again.
I would love to chat. That is, if you remember me...
the email is ashleyf@richschool.org