Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Another Crazy Week

Many of my friends do not have teenagers. They often post on their blogs sweet, adorable photos of their darling, innocent children. I enjoy reading their adventures and reminiscing how much I miss that stage of life. All I can say right now is #*$&%#$*@*## when it comes to raising teenagers!!! They make you laugh, cry and feel embarrassed within 10 minutes of their presence. Here is an update of my emotions...

DISAPPOINTED: We almost had him home. He called over the weekend, while we were at a competition in Park City. He was scared, lonely and wanted to come home. We arranged a time to pick him up, only to find out....

ANGRY: he was with his friends and decided to still live with them.

FLABBERGASTED: he later shares with us how his friends are concerned about some of the kids he has been hanging around, his friends don't approve of his sluffing and were mad when he didn't call them over the weekend! (um, isn't that my job!!! It's these current friends that are the root of so many of his problems.)

SAD: We had parent teacher conference and he is not staying committed to his Senior year and throwing away a 3.0 gpa and baseball.

TEARFUL: Taylor's favorite teacher and I cried together...


EXCITED: Tanner is busy with school play, fall baseball and is leaving next week for Cedar City to attend and participate in the Shakespearean Festival. He loves this!

PROUD: He has worked all summer and purchased new ski's, bindings and boots by himself! For the terrific grades this quarter we are purchasing his season pass to Alta.

PUZZLED: Conversation during PTC with Tanner...

Teacher: "Tanner I feel you don't like me and the way I teach. Can you please tell me why?"

Tanner: "That is correct, I don't like you. You spend time teaching the problem on the white board and I stay focused to understand your lack of teaching. After you are done explaining you often go back and tell us you taught us the incorrect way. It is very frustrating!"

Me: (My jaw is on the floor!)

Teacher: "Mrs. King, Tanner is correct. I often need to correct myself."

Me: (My jaw is still on the floor!)

*At the quarter he is switching teachers...

ACHING HEART: It hurts dealing with Taylor but the pain just increased watching Tanner miss his brother and try to understand why he is acting this way. It's been very sad the past few days.

AMAZED: Over the weekend Jordan placed 1st in short and long program at a competition in Park City. She received her highest points.

WORRIED: Still having back pain from her laybacks...

EXCITED: We leave next week for Regionals in San Jose and spend the week with my mom.


LOL: Cordero doesn't like to wash the dishes. The family is teaching him how to clean up after a meal.

RELIEVED: He has battled a nasty cold and it's finally getting better.

IMPRESSED: Earning terrific grades with 4 AP classes. I had 21 teachers to visit for PTC ranging from Taylor failing, Tanner talking down to teachers and Cordero excelling! (Tanner is too!)


LOVE: Just happy to end the day in his arms and having him take Tanner to seminary in the morning!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I was really looking foward to teenage years. I have absolutly no idea what I am getting into do I :) Good luck with it all.

Carin Davis said...

Tiff,
Love the description of emotions you are going through. I see very small glimpses of it headed my way...

Like Ellie listing off all the mom's she preferred before me...the list was long. She thought it was funny- but I could see that she is starting to see a world bigger than our home and family. A small step I'm sure, but significant to me.

I am glad I have you as a mentor. You are a terrific mom- with terrific kids!

xo,
C

Rachel said...

This helps me to keep the challenges we have now in perspective- little kids, little problems- big kids, big problems! I echo Natasha...I have no idea what I'm getting into. Thankfully I have a few more years to try and work up to it! If it's worth anything to you, at least your past young women can learn from your experiences! PS- I'll email you more Maggie details as soon as I know them!

Annie said...

Wow, you were just online posting the Cardinals post. I'm not into Baseball so I skipped over it to comment on this one! So I've missed a huge chunk of your life! I really hope Taylor gets a grip on life and realizes family is the only thing that will last the test of time. Friends always dissapear, no matter what. And if they reapear then they will have changed. Anyway, love you lots!

Cristi said...

You are awesome Tiffany!