Monday, September 29, 2008

Homecoming 2008

This year for Homecoming Tanner will be in Cedar City attending the Shakespearean Festival. I met with his Drama Teacher who shared with me his performance should do very well this year. He will have a great time!!! I was hoping the dates wouldn't conflict because he wanted to take "someone" to Homecoming. And that "someone" I really liked!
Jordan and I leave Tuesday for the 2009 Central Pacific Regional Championships!!! Since Cordero is from another regional he will be home with Jason and attending Homecoming. We had a fun weekend helping him with his plans to ask "a someone" to Homecoming. The "someone" loves Audrey Hepburn and thanks to Cordero's mother, she gave a great suggestion. Cordero made a poster of Audrey Hepburn and used a song, highlighting the letters, "Will you go to Homecoming with Me? From Cordero" With helium balloons, he placed it on her doorstep and waited and waited and waited for a response.


Finally, on Sunday when Jason took Cordero out to clean his car, the "someone" came over and said, "YES" in Chinese on the door...Well, I think it's Chinese and I hope it means yes...it seems like much writing to say "yes"...I think Cordero is relieved that Jordan and I will be gone, less embarrassment for him. Don't worry, there is still Missy and Jason to fill in!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I loved the creative-dating stuff from way back when... kind'a reminds me of June 3rd!

Best of luck at CPRegionals! Can't wait to see how Jordan does!

dede said...

that is really cute and clever - love the ask and the response (I should save it so I can use it in 6 more years!)

Jason, Tiff and the Kids said...

Dede,you will be the most creative mom around for those boys!!! I have heard some great ones ranging from live goats to boulders on the front lawn and ice cream.

Suzy, on Saturday, I was telling the kids about June 3rd! Aren't we lucky to have those incredible memories!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww how cute! I wonder who he asked? seems really sweet !

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's Chinese, and it says: "Yes, call me!"