Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Congratulations Tanner!!!

Many of you know Tanner is a funny, witty kid who has an interest in theatre. He entered in a drama competition for the state of Utah. He gave a Humorous Monologue, portraying a "redneck" character for over 3 minutes. I was not there because Tanner keeps his hidden talent a secret! However, he was quick to call me this evening to tell me he advanced to Regionals. He received two superiors and one excellent. I don't know what all this means, I understand the figure skating judging system and the rules of baseball, but I never imagine Tanner would take us through this adventure. I plan to contact his drama teacher for more details. I was able to read his judging sheets and the comments that were made. The next level of competition is April 12!

"Your very physical brand of comedy was a pleasure to watch-your accent worked, and you seemed to understand how to pull the humor out of each joke. Next time: Speak more slowly. We need time to process the humor and it was hard to understand all the words, which was a shame, because it was so funny. Get your hair out of your eyes!" Judge 1


"Terrific Job! You really captured the character. Way to keep the tempo going throughout! Really lighthearted and fun." Judge 2


"Good Job. You have high energy. Just make sure the words, even "cowboy" words aren't slurred to much." Judge 3

3 comments:

dede said...

how fun - can't wait to hear how 4/12 goes - "get your hair out of your eyes" sounds like something my dad would say!

Anonymous said...

Long Live Theatre! Try and get some video of his next competition so we can all get a good laugh!

Misty said...

Wow, a talented family. He must get that from you. Remember our Roadshow...I was a comet, were you a star? Hahaha...