Monday, January 28, 2008

What a Prophet!

I am so blessed to have the past decade with President Hinckley. I ALWAYS looked forward to General Conference and listening to him speak. I remember attending the first General Conference held in the Conference Center and President Hinckley spoke so fondly of the oak tree used to make the pulpit. I also recall how touched I was listening to Sister Hinckley speak of her husband. Such two wonderful people! He was definitely the "People's Prophet". As much as I will miss his humor and more importantly his counsel, I have no fear for the future of our church. I am just grateful...so grateful for the church, my knowledge, and having a prophet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Tiff, did your kids dress up in Sunday best for school on Monday? There was a news article here in Oregon featuring a photo of what looked like East High, where your kids go to school, and I wondered if your kids might be in the picture!

Jason, Tiff and the Kids said...

Are you kidding me? That would be too good to be true. However, they had a wonderful day of seminary remembering how amazing President Hinckley was towards the youth! The kids received countless text messages.