Wednesday, January 23, 2008

January 24th-Happy Birthday Dad!

I found some very special photos of my Dad as a little boy. The first photo is my Dad with his mom, taken December 25, 1950. He is almost three years old.
The family photo didn't have a date but I know my dad is sitting in his mother's arms on the right. I think my Grandpa was a very handsome man!!! I also don't think people liked to smile in Mexico...
Not one day has gone by when I don't think of him or my eyes water up just visualizing him. I still stumble across little reminders of him and his voice is very clear in my mind. I know where my Dad is and who he is with. I know he is busy, very busy telling stories and making so many laugh. I know when he reunited with his parents and siblings, it was glorious and a feeling we can not comprehend. I know my Dad is often close to me or any of us, especially when the empty feeling is just too much to handle. I know it's bugging him when we hurt inside but yet it reminds him how important he was to us. The photo was taken at his 50th Surprise Birthday Party, January 24, 1998. I was holding the cake while my Dad was counting all the candles!

Dad was suppose to be in Utah with us this week, celebrating his 60th birthday. We were planning Taylor's Court of Honor the same weekend. My Dad would have LOVED watching Taylor receive his Eagle and being in the same room with a real Eagle! Even though the plans have changed, Dad will always remain in our hearts where ever our adventures take us! We can't wait to have Cubby and Meagan spend a weekend with us next month for Taylor's Court of Honor.

Happy Birthday Dad!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have been thinking of him too. I was just thinking today what birthdays are like where our fathers are.

Misty said...

Great pictures...Still thinking of you...I love that Families are Forever.

Carin said...

WOW! Those pictures are such a treasure. What a special man- I didn't know that he and Dede share a birthday ;)

Racheal said...

What a great tribute!Those pictures are so precious!