Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

I love 4th of July. Twelve years ago I was in the hospital expecting Jordan, only to have her arrive 12:10 a.m. July 5th. For the past few years we attend the Bee's Baseball Game in Salt Lake City. After the game we watch a spectacular firework show. Last year it rained, this year we melted..We sat in the outfield on blankets. After the game, we had to move on to the baseball field to watch the fireworks. It had to be at least 100 degrees.
Meet our new family friend, Cordero from Alaska. He is a skater we met at Junior Nationals in Ohio last year. He told me he has never gone to a baseball game. I about lost my breath. We arrived early for a good spot in outfield, I also enjoy watching them prep the field. It about killed me when Cordero thought the bases were going to be placed in the outfield and it seems like a long distance to run. We spent much time explaining the game. Cordero isn't use to this heat, altitude or time change, also include a full day of skating and conditioning. Missy was afraid Cordero would never recover watching a game of baseball in this heat. Within a few hours, the sun went down and it was much better for everyone.

Taylor, Jason and Tanner on the baseball field waiting for the fireworks. It was the best show I have seen since living in Utah! Loud American Music, sitting with my family on a baseball field, warm night and amazing fireworks...what a night. It was a great time! The Bee's also won with a homerun in the bottom of the 9th!

P.S. Squirrel #11 was caught today and released to his new home.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky squirrels being released in the cooler mountain area--rather than being on the grill!

Photos are great-

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jordan.