Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bear Lake

Missy and I spent the weekend with some very special ladies at Bear Lake. Sister Bilsbourgh (right side of Missy) was Missy, Cubby and my cousin Karli's kindergarten teacher in California. Sister Bilsbourgh has a beautiful home and guest house on her property in St. Charles, Idaho, next to Bear Lake. Shelly Burdett (left side of Missy) was one of my youth and camp leaders when I was a teenager in San Rafael Stake. Shelly now lives in Idaho. We also met up with Gail Horne and her friends.





We ate lunch at a little sandwich place in town. It was a LONG wait but worth it!

We stayed up late playing games and Gail made incredible dutch oven meals. I forgot how much I enjoy a foil dinner and peach cobbler!!! We also went for a walk with Kathy's dog Billy. I cherish anytime I can spend with Kathy! She is getting a knee replacement August 5th in Idaho with Shelly taking care of her. I plan to visit them in Idaho in the next few months to check up on her.

Missy and I slept in Sister Bilsbough's darling home that is filled with rich history and wonderful treasures of the past. I loved staying up playing games with the ladies then giggling with Missy in bed! We also roasted marshmellows and sang camp songs. I couldn't believe how many I remembered. I love Bear Lake because it's only a two hour drive. Tanner, Jordan and I are leaving for Bear Lake this Thursday to spend it with the youth in our ward. After that Jason and I are taking a QUICK and SHORT trip to California to spend time with the McQuoid's. Busy, Busy summer! I have been on an airplane and a different state since April!



Where's Mom????
She is ready to leave for Italy with her sister, Sam. They have planned this trip for years and it's finally happening. I am so excited for them!!! I love this picture. It was taken at the Sullivan's 4th of July party...
I can't wait to spend some time with Mom in October when Jordan competes in San Jose.

2 comments:

The Coburn's said...

Sister Bilsbourgh was my and my sister's Kindergarden teacher also. We loved her. And she had a cool red Corvette also. Say Hello from me when you go to visit Kathy, Shelly, and Gail. Hopefully they will remember me. If not just say Rona Webster's daughter and they will all know. It's so neat you get to visit all of them. I don't think I have seen any of them since my wedding. Seems ages ago.

Anonymous said...

Shelly Burdett, Kathy Olson, AND Gail Horne in one post??!! Wow! I love those ladies! I need to get in touch with Gail one of these days. If you have her email, will you pass it on to me? And give them all a hug for me, too!