Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!


Last night while I was walking in the 100 degree weather, I was talking to my mom. I had to quickly end our conversation because the tears were building up realizing Dad wasn't around to spend the 4th at the Sullivan's. Then what made it worse was realizing Mom had to spend it without Dad. Since I was little, July 4th was spent at the Sullivan's. We wore our red, white and blue and every year marched around the pool with Dennis and Dad carrying the American Flag. Dad would arrive with his incredible food, but now that he is gone, the truth must come out...many times, if not all the times, it was my Mom who prepared and cooked food. My Dad would make the salsa, and it was good but all the extra's was possible because of my Mom. So after I quickly ended our call last night, I walked for another 30 minutes and cried. It really felt good. This morning I woke up to Jordan watching George Lopez. I think I should be getting worried about their obsession with this show!
Mom will carry on tradition and spend the 4th with the Sullivan's but I know it will not be easy when it comes time to march around the pool without Dad. He was such a proud American!!! The rest of us in Utah will be spending the evening at the Bee's Game and watching the fireworks. My heart will be with my Mom at the Sullivan's!

No comments: