Saturday, June 14, 2008

Letting Go

It's difficult to put into words the emotions I have felt since Taylor has left our home. He was home for a couple days but unfortunately was not ready to make a few important changes. He then left leaving all of us with much sadness. It's a strange season for us, trying to move on yet feeling this heaviness that at times causes a rush of tears. I am learning to concentrate on what I do know. I know I love him. I know we have taught him a foundation based on kindness, love and respect. I know when he is ready to make some changes we will always welcome him back. I know Heavenly Father is aware of our broken heart Jason and I feel inside. Letting go is the hardest thing I could do. We have to settle with the past, engage in the present and believe in the future. The bond is forever. Children grow up and venture on their own. Even though Taylor is not living with us, I know we will always be with him and Taylor will always be with us.
I love you Taylor!

1 comment:

Carin Davis said...

Jason & Tiff,

I commend you for having the insight and love that you demonstrate for Taylor. Seeing the two of you as parents gives me courage to know we too can do it. I can only tell you that he must know that you love him because it surely shows.
Carin & I have always admired Taylor's good nature and kind heart.
You will all be in our thoughts and prayers.

Danny & Carin