Friday, August 21, 2009

GALLSTONES

This a more accurate photo of my gallstones! At least this is what it felt like inside me! After months and months of eating no dairy, meats or breads (well just a little) and countless gall bladder attacks, I finally decided to have surgery. Well, I really never had a choice...my gall bladder was diseased and it was affecting my liver.

Before Skate Salt Lake, I had an ultrasound that confirmed the stones and the surgeon wanted it out asap (during the week of the competition)...we settled for the Tuesday after the competition, August 18th. Here I am happy...but not for long. That morning tests came back that I had a bladder infection and they needed to cancel the surgery.

After a few tears, (actually I was sobbing), the surgeon agreed it was too risky to wait another week.
It's finally my turn to the operating room.
Still waiting for my turn in the operating room...

I don't remember this photo, but how lucky am I to have my mom around. She extended her trip and is taking care of me!
Did it hurt? YES
I came home that evening and cuddled in my favorite quilt from Kathy...It's my comfort quilt.

2 comments:

dede said...

glad to see you are home! Hope your recovery is speedy and you can enjoy some bread soon!

Cristi said...

hope you feel better! don't know if i could go without bread or dairy!