Thursday, June 25, 2009

Adventures of 2009 Broadmoor Open

Another year at Broadmoor, this time Grandma is with us! Jordan is skating in a new level called Novice. We are also dealing with her back but having great success in Colorado. On Wednesday, she competed in her Qualifying Round and placed 4th. She qualified for the final rounds later this week.
As for me, I become very, very sick! Our second night I had a gall bladder attack. New changes for me...No more dairy, No more meat, No more bread! Never going through that pain again (I experienced it 4 times in the past few months) Fortunately, mom took care of me and knew what was going on. The photo of Jordan and I is at my favorite Mexican restaurant. No worries, had shrimp tacos, no flour tortillas, grilled veggies and black beans. Loved it!
Jordan loves this new dress for her short program! On Thursday she competed in a short program event only (you did not have to qualify to compete). She did well and placed 5th.

The scores at the World Arena. Two more competitions to go...

2 comments:

dede said...

wishing Jordan the best of luck! I am so sorry to hear about your gall bladder - it is hard to eat good when you aren't even at home! Hope you are feeling better (I will wish you good luck too!)

Anonymous said...

No dairy, no MEAT, NO BREAD??? Are you allowed to breathe at all? Wow. My heart goes out to you. I could probably use a little less of those three, as well, but none at all would be hard. But pretend I didn't say that -- I'm going to be supportive and tell you that I love veggie wraps!