Saturday, March 21, 2009

Costco

As I become older, I seem to enjoy simple outings with Jason. I do not like to grocery shop (at all) but will tackle this burden with Jason. My favorite times is going to Costco with him. At the beginning we would go once a week but with so many teenagers they quickly ate everything without pacing themselves. Our trips to Costco is down to twice a month with weekly stops to the local grocery store. The kids don't seem to freely eat everything at once! On Friday, Jason came home early and we were off to Costco awaiting a very tender, sweet experience...

Last year my mom found an old roll of film from my Dad. (We have found many old rolls of film but often nothing would develop.) My mom and I giggled finding another roll of 35 mm film, this time black and white. I really thought this would lead to yet another roll of nothingness. Mom still gave me the roll and told me to do whatever I wanted. I kept it in my bag for many months, almost tossing it on a couple occasions. It has gone through many airport scans and bad weather.
A couple months ago during a Costco trip I thought just what if....
I turned it in to be developed...and then I forgot all about it.

On Friday as Jason and I were driving to Costco (after stopping at Hire's for a large diet coke with lime and extra crunchy ice...) I saw a taco stand and this HUGE lump was felt in my throat and my eyes quickly filled with tears and I missed him...really missed him.
As we entered Costco, I remembered that roll of film and found these wonderful photos from FOUR years ago!!! It was December 2005...
It was like Christmas and I felt complete joy finding new photos of my Dad!

1 comment:

dede said...

what a fun surprise!! I am glad you remembered to pick them up - what a treasure!