Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Taylor!!!


Taylor is now 17 years old. I just love this kid! He is a gentle, thoughtful person who is becoming a great young man. His report card was awesome considering all the time he missed with my Dad's funeral. He continues his interest in film and photography. Taylor has endured so much as a little boy and his brittle bones. We only have one more year with Shriner's Hospital. I remember spending 3-4 visits a month and now it's 3-4 visits a year. I am proud of you Taylor! He has earned his Eagle and should be driving soon. He has a car ready for him to drive. Taylor is a junior at East High and his days are busy with work, homework and baseball, along with a girlfriend.


Taylor was born with a few stress fractures in his hips. The photo is of my Dad and Taylor with his first casted break. The other photo is my mom and Taylor. He was such a cuddley baby. Honestly, we have lost count of how many casts this little man has gone through and all the variety of colors and designs. Once the breaks hit around 70 fractures, we stopped counting. Taylor never complained and he would never let O.I. slow him down. Today, he pitches and plays firstbase for East High baseball. He still has a pin in his foot. I can't imagine life without Shriners. They have been so good to us!!!
May 1992......................................................December 2007

2 comments:

carin davis said...

17!!!!!!!!!!!
Time goes by WAY too quickly!!
Happy Birthday Taylor!!!!

Tracey said...

Tiff,
I can't believe we are such old ladies to have 17 year olds. I'm looking forward to meeting your beautiful family someday soon!