Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!

Halloween is one of my least favorite holidays. I could not tolerate the Halloween parade at elementary school, so honestly, I never went. Making costumes were not my thing and I could never pretend to be excited for my children. As a child, I could never make the candy last for 2 nights but I always knew cousin Karli had a stash. She could make it last for years!!! However, I did enjoy the early years Trick or Treating through Pacecho Valley. Beautiful homes and great treats. In all fairness, my mother did an exceptional job with Halloween costumes. I just never caught the excitement of dressing up or my children. It's right up there to cooking. We had a few fun years playing loud music and Jason spooking the kids when they came to the door. Pumpkin carving...it's just a mess, sticky and smelly. Jordan was quick to leave with Jason for a grocery run and came home with it...the pumpkin. She did carve it with some help from Tanner and it proudly sits outside. Don't worry, I have candy ready for the trick or treaters and Jordan, Tanner and Taylor are off with their friends. Now, I can't wait for what's ahead...report cards this Friday, Tanner in High School Musical, Jordan competing at Jr. Nationals, my mom is spending the week with us, snow and getting things ready for Christmas!