Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Good Old Days!

I am a very lucky person. I have a terrific marriage, challenging yet gifted teenagers and amazing friends!!! Nothing is better than having a great friend. Eight years ago, when we moved to Utah from California, we purchased this amazing house. The best part was our neighbors, especially Colleen. Her children were 10, 8, 6, and 4 while mine were 8, 6, and 4. I am so thankful for meeting Colleen. She is an incredible mother and friend. Our children had a blast growing up. We didn't have a fence so our backyard was one big field. They spent hours dancing, fighting, making up games and just having wonderful memories together. It's strange and surreal how much can change in a few short years. Of course we moved and found an area we love but nothing can compare to the friendship I share with Colleen. Back then, we would talk everyday and now it's a struggle to find an hour to catch up. However, it doesn't matter if we have not talked for weeks or months when we finally do, it's as if we never missed a day. I have a handful of things that I am so grateful for, and having a friend like Colleen is one of them. Over the past weekend, we were able to spend some time together. Her daughter was having a baby shower...now what touched me the most was the bond our children have created. Tanner begged me to join the party. So among all these women, Tanner joined us playing the games and enjoyed watching his friend venture into motherhood. Yeap, nothing beats a great friend. No pictures of Colleen and I because we spent every minute talking. We stayed much longer and enjoyed watching the World Series together. I did take a photo of Tanner, Nicole and Jordan asleep in the living room. Thanks Colleen for a wonderful family and letting us be a part of your lives!