Friday, January 13, 2012

Freaky Friday

I started a special event once a month for Public Skate Nights at Acord Ice Center.  January was our first special event.  We usually offer public skate nights on Tuesday and Saturday evenings so I had little expectations for another public skate night but it was worth a try.  I added our first special event night on Friday the 13th and called it Freaky Friday.  $1.50 Admission, $1.50 Skate Rental, $1.50 Hot Dog.  I hoped it would be busy and we would sale a good amount of hot dogs...but I didn't think we would be this BUSY!!!  Over 300 people and we sold over 120 hot dogs.  This photo was taken after 30 minutes of putting away the skates!
It was a successful night and beyond my expectations.  I loved watching all the families attend. 
Best comment, "I hope you offer this again.  This is something my family can afford and it's great to have us all together!"  The father purchased 16 admissions, 16 skate rentals and 16 hot dogs and drinks and they stayed all three hours!

No comments: