Sunday, April 3, 2011

General Conference

It was another Family Fun Date!  This time a family trip to General Conference.  We had a few moans but everyone was on board to spend the Sunday afternoon attending General Conference.  I provided coloring material, follow the talk worksheets, fun facts about conference and snacks! 
 It is just an amazing building and listening to the choir sing was so angelic. 
 I gave each of our children a red folder with worksheets, crosswords, facts and journal writing material.  I also bribed them...who ever had the most filled packet would win a $20.00 gift card.  It worked!  They even told me the two hours went by so fast!  I loved watching them try to find the photo of the apostle when he spoke in the material.  Great talks on marriage, parenting and just trying to do YOUR best.  I also received a sweet text from Kathy Olson who was thinking of me during conference.
 Jason and his boys!
 All grown up!
A little chilly but a fantastic afternoon with the family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, your kids are grown up! When did that happen? I get off the blog for a few months and poof! Sheesh!

So glad you guys get to go. I would give an arm and a leg ... well, maybe not both, I'd need one for driving....to get to come to conference!

Anonymous said...

Hadn't been here in a while. Great to catch up! Love reading about your family and their adventures. Did you know that Jordan's website is no longer up??? =0( Hope that was just an oversight.
Keep keeping everyone updated. It seems as everyone is doing really well!! Hope to see you someday soon at the rink!
Your Wyoming fan/stalker