Saturday, June 19, 2010

Time Goes by so Fast...

Jason and Taylor are busy umpiring for the pre district and All Star games this month. I stopped by to watch a few games. Flood of memories rushed through my mind as I approached the same ball fields that Taylor and Tanner played just a few short years ago!
I remember sitting behind this exact fence with the scorebook on my lap, slurpee in one hand and my other hand reaching for some Dill Spitz Seeds! The best. My friend and I would try to gracefully spit the seeds between the fence holes. We even had a point system!

It was these same fields that I felt guilty not being more of a "girly" mother for Jordan. She was just seven years old with a baseball cap on backwards, cut up knees and dirt from head to toe. I found a three week Learn to Skate program that fit in our fall baseball schedule in 2002. Little did I know where that would take us! We start traveling on Monday to Colorado for her first competition of the season!

Interesting how Taylor has blue eyes, Tanner has brown eyes and Jordan has green eyes...but no red heads!
Goofy photo of Taylor but they both look so handsome!
My Dad would have enjoyed watching Taylor umpire! We are so proud of the great positive changes he has made the past 6 months. I love to sit back and watch him interact with the other coaches and parents!
Jason behind the plate. After four games on a hot, WINDY day of baseball he is ready for a massage!

No comments: