Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dad's Table

After Mom's retirement party, we took a trip to River Rock! Of course I lost more money but enjoyed the experience. I wondered what machines my Dad has used, what area he had walked to, people he had know...We gathered around his table, tucked in the corner of the restaurant. It's the table he would sit at and complete his paperwork. He loved sitting at the this table because he would watch who was coming and leaving the restaurant. My Dad's co workers remembered us. A few tears were shed when the chef told me his pictures are still in the back for all the employees to remember everyday. Customer's still come in and share my Dad's crazy stories. We all gathered around his table and ate...This is where I learned about SHRIMP POOP!Since I can no longer eat meat, dairy or bread, I have come to enjoy shrimp. As I ate my SHRIMP, I bite into a shrimp that had a gritty taste. I asked my lovely Aunt Sam what this black piece was...Cubby and Missy started to laugh and said, "Don't worry"...Fortunately, my Aunt told me how to de poop a shrimp! It was disgusting...shrimp will never be the same again! That is when I couldn't stop my eyes from tearing up...My Dad would be laughing with us. I almost could hear his laugh!


No comments: