Monday, September 10, 2007

It's Never Full Coverage!

I have always been very good with doctor and dental appointments. My children have all their shots and routine 6 month dental visits...but I have yet to experience a 6 month visit completely covered by our dental plan. I first go in for a cleaning...oops, my crown since high school has a tiny cavity and needs replacing. I am not as pain resistant as Jason, I do not like the dentist, any dentist and those that do are weird. It was painful, miserable and long laying in that chair with 4 hands in my mouth. My tooth still hurts and my temporary crown keeps popping off. This beauty of a visit cost $650.00 plus a bottle of Aleve. I still feel a metallic "zing" when a fork enters my mouth. Tanner and Jordan are next...no cavities but new teeth whitening trays, add another $200.00! Finally, sweet, brave Taylor is next. Having brittle bones is a challenge but it also effects the teeth and they are just as brittle. His 6 month visit leads to a referral to the oral surgeon. He needs two implants, one with bone grafts and wisdom teeth pulled out...don't worry that's only $7000.00. So my parental duty of 6 month dental visit cost us over $7850.00 but hey I at least have my fluoride covered.

No comments: