Thursday, June 7, 2007

A Week of Surprises!


I had a terrific evening last night and it was a perfect surprise! My evening was winding down after a day at the rink and shuffling kids around the valley. Jordan was staying the night at a friends house, Tanner was at youth night, Taylor in California and Jason taking Missy to the airport. I had the whole house in a peaceful silence until the door bell rang and it was two old friends from High School. Mark Taylor and Chad Vannucci surprised me with a visit. It was so much fun to hear about their families, challenges and faith, the past 15 plus years. Chad summed it up by saying we had the best time growing up. Mark, Chad and I had the best ward, incredible ward leaders, Hamilton Air Force Base, Novato High and parents that supported our crazy adventures. We were fortunate to have that experience! Thanks Mom and Dad for providing a terrific place to grow up. Unfortunately, today Hamilton Air Force Base isn't there and the surroundings are not the same! Mark, Chad and I went to the same elementary, middle school and high school. It was awesome to have our paths cross again! Now, it would be great to have a photo but I am still getting use to taking photos and forgot....HOWEVER, I do have a photo of a dessert I made on Sunday. (Yes, I made it) The crust was some kind of melted pretzels and it needed to be cooled before I added the strawberry jello stuff. Of course, I didn't have much time so I thought I would stand there by the freezer to cool off the dish...The photo includes this weird cream cheese and whip cream mix on my nose thanks to Missy. The family was in shock I was cooking such a dessert. It was good.

2 comments:

the New Mom said...

I think about how lucky I was to grow up in Novato all the time! What a great place to be a kid! How is Chad? I haven't heard any updates in a LONG time! Kim Jensen is going to be in town the first weekend in July! It would be fun to maybe get together for lunch or something!

I love reading your blog, TIFF! Keep up the great work! Love ya! -------Amy

carin davis said...

What a fun night! Great company! Chad and Mark are great! I am glad I was your neighbor to the north!!!!