Friday, May 25, 2007

BUSY WEEK!!!

The past week has been too busy!!! I have decided I do not like 14 year olds, really I do not like them. They know everything. However, I found moments that remind me how much I love Tanner. After getting in much trouble Sunday night, I had the pleasure of shaving his head. It was therapeutic for me. We try to tolerate the "shag" look but once you misbehave the haircut gets shorter and shorter. So you can only imagine how much trouble Tanner was in to have his head shaved. Meanwhile, Taylor being on his best behavior since the clippers were already charged, made an amazing video of Jordan's ice show last week. Taylor has been busy making his portfolio for Spy Hop Productions this summer. He recently won first place at East HS for his photograph and numerous awards the past few months in other photo contests. Taylor has developed a wonderful talent in film and photo. He had a fun time at prom but I do not have any pictures yet because he left the camera in his friends car...Taylor had his end of the year Baseball Party for East. Playing baseball this year has been a great experience for the family. I am very, very proud of him. He broke his foot once but at the location of the pin Shriner's inserted a few years ago. He was still able to play. Tanner had an 8th grade awards night that I made him attend wearing a shirt and tie. He looked handsome but remember I was still mad at him. He earned the Principal's Excellence Award for his GPA of 3.5 or higher and also an art award for placing 3rd in a state wide art contest. I started to like him again...The highlight of the week was Thursday night. We took family photos and Tanner was so funny, I was crying. Thank you Carin for letting us invade your busy life!!! My dear friend from high school who is an amazing photographer took our pictures along with Taylor. Taylor was drooling over her cameras and loved every minute at her house. I can't wait to share the photos but it will take awhile since Carin is so busy. It was a long time our family was together outside an ice rink or baseball field...I loved Thursday night with the family. Meanwhile, Jordan pulled her IT band in her quad. It's very minor but we reduced her skating to one hour for the next few days. She started to jump today and tolerated the pain. Her physical therapist gives her a deep muscle massage that doesn't make her smile but it speeds up the healing process! Her first competition of the season is in three weeks. The kids have one more week of school that is filled with two graduations (Jordan and Tanner's) Taylor has a new job at the Sports Complex and Tanner will be my new companion till I can trust him again! I hope to attach photos in the next few days!

2 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

Don't you just love teenagers? Been there and done that!!!! We missed you at the open house. There were many people from out old stake and I bet you would have known some of them. All went real good for Bryce and Lisa. They are in Cabo now and having a blast. Anyway good to hear how your life is going and I hope we can get together real soon.
Darcy

the New Mom said...

Well you know what they say Tiff......about the payback.....let your readers note......I knew you when you were 14! :)

I can't wait to see Taylor's pictures. Put some up! I need help photographing an event this week at FatCats...maybe he can help! Love ya! -----Amy